The move marks the latest development in an affair that began with an investigative report and recordings in which Eliasi was heard boasting about his connections within the Israel Police.
Rapper Yoav Eliasi, known by the stage name "The Shadow," was removed on Sunday from his volunteer position as commander of a civilian emergency response squad in the Tel Aviv District amid an ongoing criminal investigation by the Police Internal Investigations Department.
The move marks the latest development in an affair that began with an investigative report and recordings in which Eliasi was heard boasting about his connections within the Israel Police.
On August 5, Eliasi reported to the department's Tel Aviv branch, where he was questioned under caution on suspicion of breach of trust. Following the questioning, he was barred from police facilities for one week.
Three police officers, including an intelligence coordinator, were also questioned on suspicion that they assisted a nightclub owned by Eliasi's brother and provided it with favorable treatment from police. The three officers were barred from police facilities for three days.
Police Commissioner Insp. Gen. Danny Levy had already decided to remove Eliasi from his position as commander of the emergency response squad before the Police Internal Investigations Department opened its criminal investigation.

The decision followed an investigation published by Haaretz, which alleged that Eliasi used his connections with police personnel to benefit a Tel Aviv entertainment complex. His removal has now become official following the opening of criminal proceedings against him.
At the center of the affair are recordings in which Eliasi can be heard discussing his ability to resolve problems involving the police.
In one recording, he told one of the partners at the venue, "I am educating them there in the police that you can't touch this club," and later instructed him to contact Eliasi regarding any incident involving the police and the club.
In another recording, after the club was closed at 4:30 a.m., Eliasi asked which police officer had ordered the closure. When he was told that the club manager had spoken with police officer Menashe Mansour from the Lev Tel Aviv station, Eliasi replied, "Menashe is a friend like a brother, I'll talk to him now."
Employees at the venue also described Eliasi as the person to turn to whenever problems arose with police, according to the investigation. Idan Harpak, who served as head of the club's security team, said employees understood that if an issue arose involving police officers, Eliasi was the person expected to resolve it.
According to the report, the entertainment complex includes the "John Doe" nightclub and the "Q Gallery" restaurant located above it. The businesses operate separately, although some of their shareholders overlap.
One of the companies connected to the restaurant, A.Y. Eliasi Ltd., was established in January 2025 by Itamar Eliasi, Yoav's brother. Three weeks later, 45% of the company's shares were transferred to Yoav Eliasi and another 5% to their father, Rafael Eliasi.
The shares were later returned to Itamar, who is currently registered as the company's sole owner. According to the investigation, the company's registered address remained Yoav's home address. Itamar Eliasi is also a partner in the nightclub.
The Police Internal Investigations Department is continuing to investigate the affair and has taken testimony from additional people involved. Eliasi's weapon was taken from him, and amid the ongoing criminal investigation, he is no longer serving in his volunteer role with the police.
Eliasi rejected reports that he had been permanently removed, saying instead that his volunteer activity had been suspended pending the outcome of the investigation into his case.
"Every time they say someone else 'removed' me. At first it was reported that I was removed by the police commissioner, who was quite surprised to discover that he had removed me, when in practice I was the one who suspended my volunteering until the matter was clarified.
"Now they are recycling headlines again: 'The Shadow permanently removed after the hearing.' That isn't true either. When a volunteer is under investigation, the system stops their activity until the investigation is completed."
"If the investigation ends without findings, they can return to activity. But apparently 'The Shadow removed' gets better ratings than the facts, so every few days they recycle the same headline in new packaging."
"And in any case, there is one thing no headline can take away from me: I am proud of the three years I gave to the Israel Police. Proud of the people I saved. Proud of the sleepless nights, the scenes, the terrorist attacks, and the thousands of hours of volunteering. Proud of the unit I had the privilege of establishing and the amazing people who served alongside me. I did not come to the police for a rank, a position, or a headline."
"I came to give. And what I gave, no one can remove," Eliasi said.