Attorney General Todd Blanche said the Trump administration may look to the Supreme Court for help in a fight over state voter rolls.

"Absolutely it's a possibility. Election integrity is something that President Trump ran on. And the American people elected him," Blanche told NBC News's Kristen Welker on "Meet the Press" in a Sunday interview when asked about taking the fight to the Supreme Court. 

"It's something that every American should care about. And so the idea that the Department of Justice is trying to investigate issues around elections to make sure they're fair and make sure they're conducted the right way is not something that we should be running away from. That's something we should be running right towards," he added.

The Department of Justice has sued multiple states for not handing over sensitive, private voter data as requested. However, it has recently lost multiple cases in attempting to get that data.

Those moves come ahead of the 2026 midterms, which could be consequential for President Trump if Democrats win control of either or both chambers of Congress, which they appear poised to do.

Last month, Trump came forward with fresh accusations about the 2020 election, declassifying some documents while alleging U.S. elections were still insecure. Democrats quickly pushed back on the claims.

Trump, in a primetime address, said the intelligence community did not raise concerns as China accessed American voter rolls.

"Our purpose in disclosing this information is not to weaken confidence in elections, but to earn that confidence by confronting vulnerabilities and correcting them very, very quickly," Trump said from the White House.

Copyright 2026 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

 For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to The Hill.