A 15-year-old Detroit resident has been charged in a fatal stabbing in the city last month.
The teen has been charged with one count of first-degree murder, one count of felony murder and one count of armed robbery, according to a release from the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.
A preliminary hearing was held on Aug. 6 before Referee Leslie Graves, the office said. He was remanded to the Juvenile Detention Facility.
The youth has been adult designated, not charged as an adult, meaning a judge could sentence him as a juvenile, as an adult, or under a blended sentence that allows for an adult sentence if he is not rehabilitated, according to prosecutors.
The teen's name was not released.
A preliminary examination scheduled for 2 p.m. Aug. 27 before Judge Karen Braxton.
Detroit police were dispatched around 5:17 p.m. on July 26 to the area of Longfellow Street and Rosa Parks Boulevard for a reported stabbing, investigators said.
Officers found a 22-year-old man, identified as Ejon Banks, suffering from multiple stab wounds to the chest and stomach. He was taken to a hospital, where he later died from his injuries.
Authorities allege a fight between the teen and Banks escalated before the 15-year-old stabbed him multiple times with a knife.
The youth then allegedly robbed Banks of his handgun before fleeing the scene, officials said.
He was arrested Aug. 5 following a Detroit Police Department investigation.
This article originally appeared on The Detroit News: Detroit teen charged in fatal stabbing