The victim who died in the sword attack at a Swedish school was a 17-year-old girl, the newspaper Fagersta-Posten reported on Saturday, citing the victim's family.
Three other teenagers were injured in the attack on Friday in Fagersta, north-west of Stockholm, two of them seriously.
One teenager has since been discharged from hospital, it was reported on Saturday. Two boys aged between 12 and 17, one of whom required emergency surgery, remain in hospital. Their condition is described as stable.
The suspected perpetrator - an 18-year-old man - was arrested immediately after the incident and is in police custody. Nothing is yet known about the motive. Swedish Radio reported that he is believed to be a former pupil of the secondary school.
In a statement, the authorities said the alarm was raised at 2.06 pm (1200 GMT). "By 2.16 pm, the attacker had been overpowered and arrested. The police fired shots during the incident."
Several newspapers reported that the suspect was shot in the leg.
A large police presence remained at the scene on Saturday morning, and a spokesman told Swedish Radio that the investigation "has only just begun."